Call of the UNESCO Cities of Music for Fabriano 2019
In 2019, Fabriano will welcome delegates from 180 cities of the world, coming from 72 Paesi, for the UNESCO Creative Cities conference (UCCN).
The Coordination of italian UNESCO Creative Cities will contribute to the Conference by launching calls aimed at involving creatives from all over the world, for realising artistic works, projects, exhibitions and cultural initiatives, shown in the Pavillions of Creativity.
Bologna and Pesaro, Italian cities of music belonging to the UNESCO Network, have launched a call addressed to all the cities of the UNESCO music network, to select up to 6 music entities that will represent them at the 2019 UNESCO Creative Cities Conference, taking place in Fabriano (Italy), from June 10 to June 15, 2019.
The selected entities will be performing during the pilot edition of the UNESCO Cities of Music Festival (UCOM), a format that could be replicated in other member cities.
The call is addressed to emerging artists and bands that have written original pieces of popular music with no reference to any specific musical genre but whose features are such to be meaningful for the local music scene of the city they come from or in which they are active.
In total 6 music entities will be selected: the first edition in 2019 will take place in Fabriano from June 14 at the Giardino del Poi, with a repeat in Bologna on June 15 within the Summer program Bologna Estate.
Application documents to be submitted in Italian, English or French:
Application form duly filled in with the following data: author’s personal data, title and short summary of the music project;
• CV of the author or of the band (maximum 1,800 characters – including spaces);
Specifications of the proposed live project (maximum 2,000 characters – including spaces, credits must be included in the 2,000 characters);
• Link and, if necessary, password to one or more video files of a duration between 8 (minimum) and 20 (maximum) minutes, uploaded on Vimeo, YouTube or any other freely accessible online platform. The quality of the video will not be assessed unless it is part and parcel of the artistic project.
Technical specifications (stage plan, sound).
The hosting city will pay for:
– the required technical specifications
– sound and light services
– standard backline with drums and piano (any additional instrument will be paid by the participants)
– hospitality (board and lodging) for 2 nights and, if needed, transfer service from and to the Bologna airport (for a maximum of 5 people – the transfer of any additional artist/musician will be paid by the city of origin)
The city of origin should pay:
– the flight to Bologna (and back)
– the fee, if any
At the end of the performances the jury and/or the audience will give an award to a band/artist/entity.
The application must be sent by e-mail by January 15 to the focal point of the reference UNESCO creative city.
The focal points of the creative cities will then forward the application documents to the organizing secretariat, namely to the following e-mail address: UCOMfestival@gmail.com (City of Bologna) by January 25, 2019 at the latest.
The selecting committee will be made up by two representatives of the two Italian creative cities of music Bologna and Pesaro, two journalists or music critics proposed by the two Italian cities of music and a representative of Fabriano.
For any further information and clarification please write to the organizing secretariat at UCOMfestival@gmail.com.